Today I have been breast feeding my son for 8 whole weeks! I can’t believe it has been that long. Those first nights in the hospital seem so far away.
Photo via Facebook.
This is what I know about breast feeding:
1. It is hard, and it hurts until you and baby figure out how to latch.
2. A good lactation consultant is invaluable. Go see a certified consultant if one does not visit you before you are discharged from the hospital.
3. At times, in the first few weeks, formula seems easier.
4. It gets easier.
5. Having large breasts is a distinct disadvantage when trying to nurse in public.
6. Nursing in public; not a big deal once you do it.
7. Have a comfy place to feed, with a constantly full water bottle near by.
8. Knowing that you alone are giving and sustaining life is pretty incredible.